Superannuation is one of the most tax-effective ways to save for your retirement, but it is an increasingly complex area of regulation that is in constant flux.
A Self-Managed Super Fund can provide you with flexibility and greater control, but it is important not to underestimate the responsibility involved. Expert advice on the structure and ongoing running of your SMSF to ensure that it is fully compliant is a must.
Charter Partners are leading specialists in the SMSF field. You can count on our dedicated ‘super’ team to simplify the management of your fund for you, by paying personal attention to the day-to-day compliance and administration requirements.
Our comprehensive range of SMSF support services are backed up by the latest research and in-depth technical expertise.
Anthony McPhee, Principal of Charter Partners, is a SMSF Specialist Advisor (SSA) with the SMSF Association.
The SMSF Association is the peak industry association for professionals advising in the Self Managed Superannuation Fund sector. The SMSF Association is committed to helping build the sector with integrity by establishing standards and raising the levels of specialist expertise.
More and more Australians are choosing Self-Managed Super Funds for their retirement needs, with approximately 2,250 new funds being set up each month. A Self-Managed Superannuation Fund brings the potential for a higher standard living in retirement, however, with this comes the responsibilities of complying with legislative and administrative requirements.
Every SMSF must have an independent advisor to help add value to the fund. Only SMSF Specialist Advisors have been accredited by undertaking a program comprising of examinations and an assessment of professional history, experience and ongoing professional development.
Now and into the future, through the assistance of a SPAA Accredited Specialist, those Australians who choose the control and flexibility of managing their own superannuation can do so with increasing confidence.
You can be confident that a professional who displays the SSA Accreditation has proven competency, independence, SMSF experience and knowledge.
1. Establishment of your SMSF including:
- All fees, tax and registrations.
- From 1 July 2016, Accountants will no longer be able to recommend establishing SMSFs which is why we have partnered with Elston Financial Advisors to assist in advising on the suitability of SMSF establishments. To find out more about Elston, please click here.
2. Ongoing administration of your SMSF including:
- Assistance to change members, trustees and deeds when required;
- Maintenance of the investment register;
- Pensions, Rollover notices, ETP’s etc.;
- Preparation of accounts and regulatory returns;
- Provision of investment reports with accounts.
3. Compliance of your SMSF including:
- Audit and reporting in line with current legislation (SIS act 2001);
- Preparation of work papers for audit;
- Provision of advice regarding the compliance of your SMSF.
4. Super Strategies
Charter Partners has developed a number of SMSF strategies that take advantage of special tax concessions that help maximise our clients superannuation for retirement.
5. Training, awareness and assistance in your role as trustee for your SMSF
With over 200 SMSFs now fully administered by Charter Partners, you can be confident that we are proven specialists in the emerging growth industry.